Tuesday, March 19, 2013

So close..yet so far

AHH! So close to the end! Alright, I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

Campaign wise:
A commercial will be airing tomorrow (hopefully) that has been created based on research.
I will continue to virtually advertise
I will be putting up flyers in the coming week

Progress wise:
I'm only at 166 friends. Which when I think about it isn't too terrible. I mean the account has been up for less then 2 months, and I've been trying my best not to friend people. Hopefully when the commercial airs and flyers are up I will progress even more!

FAQS:
I've been asked a few questions so I'm just going to lay them out here for you.
Q: "Chloe, why did you filter my compliment?"
A: Alright, there's a couple reasons for this. Sometimes compliments can be between friends, which is great...except this is anonymous. I really don't want something that is meant to be good, to be misinterpreted. Also, if it's inappropriate it gets vetoed. Finally, if someone is not friends with me, they won't be able to see it, which kind of ruins the point. these compliments aren't filtered...rather set aside until my request to the complimentee is accepted.

Q: "Chloe, why don't you just friend people to move along the process?"
A: I'm trying to keep this as a public service campaign in order to follow the guidelines of the genius project. trust me, I would love to friend them all and be done with it. But I first need to learn the skills of campaigning.

Okay...I thought there were more questions but I think thats it. My bad.

Anyway, that's all I got for right now. More to come when I struggle to perfect my TED talk.

Oh! I meant to say. I wanted to thank everyone in these classes for helping me out. The best kind of advertising is word of mouth, or in this case word of posts. Without the first few from this class, nothing would've spiraled. Also, it is much appreciated that you kept your mouths shut about it being me!


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're making a fair amount of progress! Good job. I hope your campaign goes well and you get a lot of good publicity! 166 really isn't too bad at all. I actually think it's pretty good. I hope your commercial turns out really well. It is interesting that you are doing this in part to learn about campaigning, as well as sending compliments to people who are given them. I think this was a wonderful idea.

    PS. I didn't say anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete