Monday, March 11, 2013

A Process...

Week 4... not the best. Not the best in improvement. Not the best time to start my advertisements because of Wissahickon's musical Jekyll and Hyde taking up some precious time that otherwise woud have been dedicated to getting the word out, and not the best in development. Here's what the page is looking like right now.
Just a snippet of what I've been posting
The virtual advertisement I sent out this week. It had nine shares and did help increase the amount of friend requests I received so I think it worked well! I'm hoping to put tangible advertisement that resemble this one in mailboxes for homerooms. This way I have a new approach to my campaign and can see which is more effective.



Up to 149 friends. Not exactly what I was hoping for. I thought that just by seeing the posts more would be involved, but the campaign is going to need to be successful to increase the amount of people participating. 


A lot of you have given me the suggestion of creating a legitimate Facebook advertisement. I looked into this and found that it is very costly, so it's been vetoed. Also, many of you had concerns of it being stuck within the gifted class. I'm happy to say it has started to expand. More upperclassmen have caught wind of the page and so have some people outside of the gifted program. This is thanks to some of you for helping out by expanding who you're complimenting. So, thanks again for your help! 

On a random note, I got a really nice message from someone who submitted a compliment, and have posted it below.

This just made me feel like the project was going in the right direction. I don't know the person who sent this to me but they've embraced the idea. After getting this I can answer another one of your questions and say that yeah, I think I'm going to continue the page once this project is over.




5 comments:

  1. Wow, I think this is an awesome idea! I see your posts on facebook a lot and I really think that our school needs something like this. I'm sorry that this recent week hasn't been the best, but I'm glad that your kind words are not going unnoticed. I think spreading the word via flyers in homeroom mailboxes would be a very effective. I'm glad that you have dedicated yourself to such a creative and inspiring project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea this was you! I have been seeing this "Wissahickon Compliments" person on Facebook all the time! I think that this is a great idea and it is something that you seem to be passionate about. I have to friend you now! I wish you the best of luck on this inspirational project and I hope that people throughout the school appreciate your campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOOOO! The first recognition of your good deeds! I've really liked this project from the beginning, and I think it is slowly but surely gaining recognition. The problem is in advertising, but I think the share banner can only go so far. I think some research could be the reasons why advertising works and could bring that into your project/TED Talk. What makes these campaigns successful? I love the idea though, and the your intention is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear about your success! I've seen a lot of your posts in my news feed and it seems like all of them have likes on them. If I were you, I wouldn't be too worried about getting the page to grow. With people liking and commenting on your posts, friends with these people will see some of the posts and will hopefully become interested. Thats the nature of Facebook. But yes, I would still keep asking for people to share that photo. The bigger the better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a person who actually got complimented from an anon, I just have to say that your project seems to be a little more than a "project"... It's more like a movement. You're creating a revolution: instead of using social networks to berate others (which we see quite often), you have sort of let others have an opportunity to give other people a chance to brighten someone else's day. Congrats on your work!!

    ReplyDelete